Friday, April 16, 2010

Setting the example

Some of you may know, or not know, that my Mom-in-law, Kat, has been battling breast cancer now for 6 years. I am sad to say that the battle was won and Kat is now in Heaven. I would just like to say, to tell the world if you read this, that she was a wonderful woman. 


She was filled with grace, love, compassion, strength and elegance. She raised two awesome children who are both filled with her same qualities. And she has also had the biggest, most wonderful, influence on my own children. They are a product of her love and guidance. I could not be a luckier person, a more blessed person, than I am for having known her. In fact, I am a better man having known her. She has truly been a shining light in my world. 


...And not just in my world, along with all the sadness around me, I have witnessed more love than anyone could imagine. Kat has been a rock of strength and love for hundreds of people. She has truly made the world a better place. And now, Heaven is in trouble.


So, while I am sad, I am thankful. I was loved by a great woman. And my world will never be the same....


Love you Kat.

No comments: