Monday, July 27, 2009

Back Again

It seems the summer makes it difficult for me to blog. But I will try to work harder at it. Anyway, here's the news:

1) I have learned how to use facebook! Yeah...
2) I am training to attempt John Brookfield's Battling Ropes Level 2 cert on Friday July 31st. Lots of pain to be enjoyed!
3) Betsy Collie, of Rapid Results, and I are working on a kettlebell video project. Stay tuned for that!
4) OPT, our personal training studio, has been running quite smoothly. That has been a pleasant surprise. We have been blessed with great clients so far.
5) Both my kids are now in school. Cool but sad.

Finally, my own training has been going quite well. As far as kettlebells go, I've been working on the basics and self limiting exercises. I was doing well at sprinting for a good while until I went on family vacation. Haven't gotten back into it yet. Mostly because i'm spending so much time on my Battling Ropes training. That has been a true learning experience. Not about the ropes, but about myself. I have to perform velocity waves for 20 minutes nonstop, and then pull a mile (5280 ft) of rope around a pole. I can do it. Whether or not I can do it friday remains to be seen. But, I can do it.

I have read "Born to Run," a book about ultrarunning. Believe it or not, after I read it, I wanted to be an ultrarunner. That didn't stick though... I also read "Kettlebells from the Ground Up," it was great; Devoted entirely to the Turkish Get-up. If you are serious about your training and want to posess real strength, it is a must have.

Alrighty then, that's the meat of everything. I'll post back soon and more often!



1 comment:

WoodallsFitness said...

I'm pulling for you bro! No pun intended! Kill the ropes!