Saturday, May 31, 2008

A Better Me

I've been trying to juggle a hectic schedule around training clients, training myself, preschool, and being a dad, and being a husband. I just noticed the order I've listed these things, so I guess I can easily see where I am lacking. I don't think I'm that horrible, but I can see how my clients get the best presentation I have to offer and my family probably does not. SO, I have something to work on!

On the training side of things, I'm working on building a better me. So I've enlisted my friend Kevin Perrone to help me with that. I use my eyes and smallish brain to help other people, but I need someone else's eyes and larger brain to help me. Progress is bound to happen!

Training this week:

5/29/08

TGU's
Bottoms Up w/ 12kg: 2/2
Normal getup w/ 16kg: 2/2
Bottoms Up w/ 16kg: 1/1
Normal getup w/ 24kg: 2/2

B1 - Presses w/ 24kg: 1/1
B2 - Windmill w/ 16kg: 2/2
B3 - Pullups w/ BW: 5
Did 3 rounds

5/30/08

Swings w/ 16kg: 10/10 x 10
Pushups w/ BW: 5, 10 x 5
Farmers walks w/ 32kg: 30/30sec, 2(32kg): 30 sec, 1 min
Battling Ropes - Moving the Pile: 30 sec x 5
Battling Ropes - forward Pull: pulled 500 feet of rope w/ a double wrap

5/31/08
Z-health R-phase and I-phase drills

Oh, did I mention I love Z-health? I'm working with some young athletes and Z is really making a big difference in their mobility and ability. It's amazing to watch. I'm so fortunate to be able to help other people.

Anyway, I've relaxed my diet a bit and have gained about 10 lbs. Getting back to my fighting weight!

That's about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim,
Good to hear that you are positively addressing your priorities in life. I too am working on my priorities, which is no easy task as a college student.

I have to remind myself that Z Health and Kettlebells can't always be considered my "fun activities" in a day/week. They are both work too! Man, what a cool job I have. :-)

Good to hear you are working with Kevin. I love bouncing ideas off other trainers!

BTW, your workout reps are looking good!

Best,
Katie

Unknown said...

Katie,

Working on my priorities is hard. I'm easily distracted. So many shiney things...

I have to give credit to Kevin for my reps, he's trying to reign me in. He has his work cut out for him.

It's good to hear from you. Hope to see you soon.