Thursday, July 12, 2007

Speed Kills

Still on vacation. And enjoying it... Last night we went out for mexican food. I ate more than I normanlly do. But hey, it's a vacation, right? Anyway, this morning I felt like I needed to do something anaerobic. I'm trying to let my body get a little rest this week, but last night's meal makes me want to move around a little. All we brought on our trip is my wife's 8 kg kettlebell so I decided I would run some sprints. I used to be a sprinter. I pretend I still am. I ran sprints for 10 seconds at a time followed by 10 pushups, with a 30 second walk/rest. I did this for 9 times. 9 because 10 seemed really tortuous. After that I just walked around with my wifes 8kg kb over my head letting my shoulders sink down into their sockets.

Spinting was tough but it felt good, it felt familiar. It feels good to feel like you can fly. And its GREAT exercise. Look at a sprinter's body. They are completely ripped. Sprinting is a great tool to use in your exercise/muscle building tool bag. And it helps work off last night's mexican fiesta. So if you have to leave your kettlebells at home ( or whatever else you use) go for a run, but pretend like a rabid dog is after you.


Later that same day...

Holy Cow Batman! I am so sore. It's as if i found a whole bunch of muscles i've never worked before. I wonder how sore i'll be tomorrow. Maybe I should start sprinting on a regular basis again. I use to do it all the time. Kettlebells and sprinting. Sounds like a deadly effective combination.

2 comments:

Mark Reifkind said...

man, of all the things I no longer can do that I wish I could sprinting is at the top of the list! I have dreams all the time that I can still run and they are incredible. Like you said, running fast feels just like flying! enjoy!

Unknown said...

Mark, I had almost forgot how good it feels. I use to do it all the time before my first son was born. Track was my sport. I think I will try to pick it back up again.